Explorer Camp - Grades Entering 6-9
Explorer Camp will look a little different this summer to keep the program safe and accessible to all families. However, our goal of giving our campers the best possible summer hasn't changed.
Explorer Camp - Entering Grades 6-9 - 8am-3:30pm - The camp schedule will be posted on this page on May 30, in the forms section.
8 week registration will be available to Kennebunk residents immediately and then to non-residents on April 1 at 8:00am.
Explorer Camp is designed to introduce campers to many different experiences such as; sports, beach days, hiking, arts, field trips, indoor and outdoor games, team work challenges, community projects and much more. Campers will be encouraged to explore new ideas, opportunities, and work together as a group.
On Mondays we will stay at the school to participate in fun activities. The other 4 days of the week, we will be on the road. Campers will need to bring lunch, snacks, drinks, sunscreen, bug spray and sneakers each day (spending money is optional). With a low budget for trips, we will be having more beach days, hiking days, exploring towns/city days and less high cost amusement park trips.
Where: MSK Cafeteria, 60 Thompsons Road
Who: Grades Entering 6-9
When: June 21 - August 13* (no program 7/5)
*THE LAST DAY OF CAMP (8/13) WILL BE A HALF DAY
Time: 8:00AM - 3:30PM
Residents: $1175 for 8 weeks, including 32 fields trips, transportation, supervision (under $30 a day).
*1/3 of the total payment is due at time of registration, second payment is due by May 7 and final payment is due by June 11.
Explorer Camp 2021 Refund Policy -
1. If you withdraw a participant from Explorer Camp before the first day, you will be charged a $100 withdrawal fee per participant from your refund.
2. If you withdraw a participant from Explorer Camp during the first week of camp, you will be refunded half of the total registration fee.
3. If you withdraw a participant from Explorer Camp after the first week of camp, no refunds will be given.
Min:15 - Max: 20
If you have any questions about Explorer Camp, please reach out to Ryan French at 207 604 1362 or email email@example.com
KENNEBUNK PARKS & RECREATION COVID-19 GUIDELINES: In order to ensure the safety of our program participants as well as our staff, our department will be following the guidelines below;
1. Staff and participants will be required to wear face coverings while at the school, on field trips and on the bus.
2. Parents/guardians will be required to wear face coverings when at the program location.
3. The maximum amount of participants allowed to sign up for each program have been reduced.
4. We have limited the amount of object sharing between participants.
5. Staff will sanitize and clean common surfaces after use.
6. Hand sanitizer will be available for participants and staff to use at each program.
7. Staff, volunteers and participants will exercise frequent hand washing.
8. If any staff/volunteer/participant notifies the department that they have developed COVID-19 symptoms or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 we will immediately notify all participants and provide further instructions as necessary.
9. If the program has to close as a result of COVID-19, a prorated refund will be issued.