50+ Tai Chi for Health & Balance
Adults age 50+
Session 1: May 3 – June 28 (no class 5/31)
Session 2: September 13 -November 1
TIME: 9:00AM - 10:00AM
COST: $40/participant per session
WHERE: Waterhouse Center
Kristen Gould, Certified Instructor, Tai Chi Institute for Health
Sarah Moore, Certified Instructor Tai Chi Institute for Health.
The ancient Chinese martial art of Tai Chi is a gentle form of exercise that combines low-impact, purposeful movements with emphasis on balance, posture and breath. There is growing medical evidence that when done on a regular basis, Tai Chi can reduce falls, decrease pain and inflammation, but most of all improve balance and flexibility. Min: 6 participants per session
TAI CHI COVID-19 PROGRAM GUIDELINES: In order to ensure the safety of our program participants as well as our staff, this program will be following the guidelines below;
1. Staff and participants are required to wear a mask at all times.
2. The maximum amount of participants allowed to sign up for each program have been reduced to maintain 6ft or more of social distancing.
3. Staff, volunteers and participants will exercise frequent hand sanitizing.
4. If any staff/volunteer/participant notifies the department that they have developed COVID-19 symptoms or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 we will immediately notify all participants and provide further instructions as necessary.
5. If the program has to close as a result of COVID-19, a prorated refund will be issued.
6. Bathrooms will not be available during the program.