Kindergarten Community Soccer Practice
Offering current kindergarten players the skills to be successful in our fall soccer league.
Dates: Wednesdays, May 5 - 26
Location: We are working with RSU 21 to run this program at KES. If this isn’t possible, it will be held at Parson’s Field or West Kennebunk Field
Cost: $70/participant (includes a soccer ball)
The program will follow the Maine Recreation & Parks Association's Youth Sports Philosophy.
Maine Recreation & Parks Association's Youth Sports Philosophy: “The Maine Recreation and Parks Association philosophy on youth sports is to maintain an enriched quality of life for Maine youth through creative and meaningful sports and leisure experiences and to form a harmonious relationship between sports, people, and their environment.
MRPA promotes the benefits of youth sports to provide fun, active and educational experience, intended to support development for children and to serve as a positive outlet for parents to connect with their young athlete. Youth sports provide opportunities for children to create lifelong positive physical activity habits, improve social skills and have confidence in their abilities to succeed. MRPA measure success by the positive development of youth through sport.”
KENNEBUNK PARKS & RECREATION COVID-19 GUIDELINES: In order to ensure the safety of our program participants as well as our staff, our department will be following the guidelines below;
1. Staff and participants will be required to wear face coverings.
2. Parents/guardians will be required to wear face coverings when at the program location.
3. The maximum amount of participants allowed to sign up for each program have been reduced.
4. We have limited the amount of object sharing between participants.
5. Staff will sanitize and clean common surfaces after use.
6. Hand sanitizer will be available for participants and staff to use at each program.
7. Staff, volunteers and participants will exercise frequent hand washing.
8. If any staff/volunteer/participant notifies the department that they have developed COVID-19 symptoms or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 we will immediately notify all participants and provide further instructions as necessary.
9. If the program has to close as a result of COVID-19, a prorated refund will be issued.