Fly casting is similar to pitching a baseball or swinging a golf club. The casting motion is built around a good grip, a solid stance, and requires good technique and rhythm.
In this beginner class, you will learn the three basic casts that all fly fishers should know how to perform. These three casts will allow you to start fishing and then build on more complex casts.
The fee will go toward the supplies you will be given in class, which is held on a field NOT the water! Rods are available or you may bring your own. Please bring a hat and glasses.
FLY CASTING FOR BEGINNERS COVID-19 GUIDELINES: In order to ensure the safety of our program participants as well as our staff, this program will be following the guidelines below;
1. Staff, volunteers and participants are required to wear a mask at all times.
2. The maximum amount of participants allowed to sign up for each program have been reduced to maintain 6ft or more of social distancing.
3. Staff, volunteers and participants will exercise frequent hand sanitizing.
4. If any staff/volunteer/participant notifies the department that they have developed COVID-19 symptoms or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 we will immediately notify all participants and provide further instructions as necessary.
5. If the program has to close as a result of COVID-19, a refund will be issued.