Kennebunk Recreation Department
How to Register
Area Sports Clubs
For the best browsing experience, please upgrade to
IE 9 or greater
In order to be considered for a refund, the participant and/or parent/guardian must put the request in writing via email or fax on the day they would like to withdraw from a program. Please be aware checks can take a minimum of 3 weeks to be processed and will be mailed to the address we have on file.
Due to the processing time and expense associated with program refunds, there will be a $5 handling charge per program which will be deducted from the program refund.
The Recreation Department will grant refunds by check for programs and activities under the following conditions:
1. When there is a conflict between the schedule of a program and the participant, and the participant has not attended any class whatsoever; refund can be obtained from the department, except in the case of a contractual program. This refund request must be made no later than the start of the programs second class at which time Guideline 4 will be in effect.
2. Should the participant have any injury or sickness that prevents him/her from completing the program, he/she will be entitled to a full refund if he/she has not attended any sessions, or a pro-rated refund based upon the number of sessions that will not be attended, except in the case of a contractual program.
3. When the participant attends the first session and realizes he/she is not interested or can not afford, for example, additional costs of clothing, equipment, etc., then a pro-rated refund will be given, except in the case of a contractual program.
4. No refund will be given after the start of the second program's class, except for Guideline 2.
5. Contractual Program Refund Policy: Contractual programs are programs where a verbal or written contract has been made by this department with an individual or business to run the program. Refunds will be granted to Contractual programs only in the event that the issuing of this refund does not come at the expense of the Town of Kennebunk. All refunds must be requested at least 3 working days prior to the program start date. A refund will not be granted if the department has already issued the program payment to the contracted business, or the issuing of the refund puts the program under the minimum number of participants needed to run the contracted program. In the case of a one-day program, a refund request must be made a minimum of one business day, excluding weekends and holidays, prior to the start of the program.
6. Summer Day Refund Policy: *A $60 fee will be deducted from refund per child if canceled before the 8-week camp starts. *A $30 fee deducted from refund per child if canceled before the 4-week camp starts. *50% refund of prorated weeks of program left if canceled after attending the second day of camp. The date of the last day the participant will be considered in camp will be when the department is notified by the parent/guardian that they would like to take their child out of summer day and be granted a refund. *No refund will be given if canceling after 50% of the program is completed.
7. Teen-X-Treme Refund Policy: *A $60 fee deducted from refund if canceled before 8-week camp starts. *A $30 fee deducted from refund per child if canceled before the 4-week camp starts. *Same 50% policy as the Summer Day refund policy above. *No refund will be give if canceling after 50% of the program is completed.
8. Pee Wee Explorer Refund Policy: *A $35 fee deducted from refund if canceled before the 8-week program starts. *Same 50% policy as the Summer Day refund policy above. *No refund will be given if canceling after 50% of the program is completed.
9. BTAC & Just For Kids Club: *A $50 fee will be deducted from refund per child if cancelled before the program starts. After the start date a two week notice is required of all participants leaving prior to the end of the program.